HMS FOUDROYANT TAKEN UNDER TOW TO VISIT COASTAL RESORTS IN 1896
The 80 gun Foudroyant was Nelson's flagship from 1780 to 1799 when she served in the Napoleonic War and in South America. Refitted in 1815 she served as a guard ship at Plymouth and then as a gunnery training ship. In 1890 she was sold to the philanthropist Mr Wheatly Cobb who re...
- Id: hms-foudroyant-visit_coastal_resorts_1896-b2p-107
- Name: HMS FOUDROYANT TAKEN UNDER TOW TO VISIT COASTAL RESORTS IN 1896
- Media: Oil on canvas
- Section: NELSON'S SHIPS
- Book 2 Page: 107